Sunday, November 21, 2010

Things I am thankful for"


In the country again
Originally uploaded by jwlohr
We moved to Jerseyville nearly a month ago and it has felt like home very quickly. I jumped into the ministry of the church fairly quickly after our arrival here, so there are still some boxes yet to be unpacked, but life has been so very good, it is simply hard to describe.




The church has welcomed us in amazing ways and With today being "thanksgiving sunday" it seemed appropriate that I would express my thanks in this forum. I am thankful for so many things this year that there simply isn't room here to list them all, but I will hit some highlights (in no particular order):

I am thankful for a home in the country where I can walk out in the yard and see the stars so clearly pretty much any night and sunsets nearly every evning like the one in this picture.

I am thankful for a church family that appreciates and responds so well to my feeble attempts at ministry in their midst.

I am thankful that my children have adjusted so well to our new setting and seem to be thriving.

I am thankful that my wife has been such a trooper in adjusting to new surroundings in her ongoing effort to keep me happy and fulfilled.

I am thankful for all of the locations offered to me for deer hunting (we will have venison to eat this winter).

I am thankful for neighbors who are there for us whenever we need anything and for neighbors who I hope will be willing to call on us for the same.

More than anything, I am thankful for the grace of God which continues to amaze me day by day.

No comments: