Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2 years and counting...

As of yesterday, my Mom has been gone now for two years and we still have not seen closure on many fronts. I cannot believe that things have drug on for so long with so many bumps in the road. I keep hoping and praying that the estate will be settled soon and every time I think it is going to happen, there is another issue that arises to keep things dragging on longer. It seems that many people in our world are more content with uncertainty and chaos than they are with moving on with life. I have never been that way, so it eludes my understanding to think that there are those who would rather fight over petty things than to simply move on. The painful part for me (which I believe is why some are being so aggressive) is that Mom's life has been reduced by some in the family to what they can "get". Mom was so much more than things and sadly few people seem to recognize that truth. I hope and pray it is all settled soon and ALL of us can focus ourselves on what really matters eternally and learn what lessons we need to learn to move on with our lives.

But, through it all... more than anything... more than the pain I feel from the division of the family... more than all of the legal wrangling... I just miss my Mom!

No comments: