Tuesday, June 17, 2008

grant's farm family portrait 2

we are on vacation this week... today we went to the Gateway arch and to Grant's farm in St. Louis. Yes, I know it is less than 30 minutes from home. But we thought we could do this on a budget and see what is in our own backyard. It has been fun so far. Yesterday we went to the zoo and shopping a bit. Today, while leaving the arch and walking back to the metrolink station, I wasn't watching where I was going and pushed Joey off of a curb (in her stroller) and skinned up her knee pretty good. Man, did I feel like a jerk (and a horrible father to boot)! I think this is the mist blood she has shed yet in her 3 years of life. She is tough though and keeps telling me that "it'll be fine daddy"!

Asking her what her favorite part of the day was, she said it was going to the top of the arch with daddy... pretty cool!

Life is getting better now that we don't have the rest of the mess of the past two years hanging over our heads... it is great to just hang out with the family and have some fun together.

More good stuff to come!

No comments: