Friday, September 7, 2007

what a week!

The president of the seminary when I was graduating told me there would be weeks like this at the begining and at the end of pastorates. With less than two weeks left until I conclude my ministry at the Old Stonington Baptist Church, this week has been no small task. Along with the emotional roller coaster of saying farewell to my present church family, there is the stress of working on the new house to get it ready for moving day (this stress is fading as I saw the progress today and am feeling more confident that it will all get finished). And on top of it all, I have had two funerals this week! I am glad that funerals are not stressors for me too much other than the time commitment. I am only hoping now that my sermons for the next two Sundays flow as easily as these fuenrals have. There are some pretty important things I would like to get across in these final two sermons here at Old Stonington. And, I would like to give them some of my best work on thee sermons as they deserve good stuff!

Well, all in all, things are coming together for us rather well and Jenny has been keeping the home fires burning as I ahve been running around doing my job and getting things done at the house. She is also becoming a master-packer in boxing up our lives to move it all to East Alton... I love that woman more than anything else in the world!

No comments: