Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Long time... no update.

That seems to be the theme of my life lately. Lots going on, but no real news. I suppose that isn't a necessarily bad thing though. We have had several visitors from Stonington over the past few days and that is nice to see old friends. The kids are doing very well too and that is a joy to witness. Just a week or so ago we were sitting at the dinner table and Joey was looking off in space apparently deep in thought. Following my mother's policy from years ago, when she would ask me the question when I was a child I asked Joey what she was thinking about... and she said: "I'm thinking about giraffes" Jenny and I both had a hard time supressing the laughter. We had not been talking about animals at all, much less giraffes. But apparently Joey was thinking about them. It was one of those silly little memorable moments that will stick with me for years. Ian has started mimicking us a bit too and it is fun to see that beginning to happen more regularly. He is still a basically somber kid, but his smile originates in his toes when he does smile and that is actually a fair bit of the time I suppose.

The church continues to do well. We have had some slight fluctuations in attendance, but basically for winter, I think we are doing pretty well. I have been thinking through programming ideas with others in the church and I think we have generated some good ideas. We started an entirely new Sunday school class 5 weeks ago for people who were not attending Sunday School previously and we have already had as many as 17 people in the class. Not too bad for just getting started. I think people are engaging in the class really well and seem to be enjoying it as well as learning. Seems like we just got past Christmas and now we are into Lent starting today. The seasons just seem to roll along with nothing I can do to slow them down. "faster as the years go by"...

Well, just wanted to post an update and get somewhat caught up on things that have been happening. There has most certainly been more than just this going on, but I have been either too busy or too lazy to post. Hopefully, I can be more diligent now! I am feeling the need for another zoo trip on the next warm day we have. Plus, I really want to start my "daddy days" with Joey and with Ian as well as I want that time to bond with the kids. There is a new Veggie Tales movie out and I think that would be a great date for Joey and me to go on. Hopefully we can make that happen soon!

catch ya'll later!

No comments: