Monday, July 23, 2007

things have changed a bit around here

Today was a bit of a strange day for me. Now that we have made our plans public regarding our move to Wood River, it just feels a bit strange as I go about my days in ministry. It is something akin to grieving the loss of a dear friend! I have truly loved my time here in Stonington even though it has not been without the occasional challenge. As I went today to see two of my shut-ins before they heard of my pending move to a new setting of ministry, it was difficult to realize that this decision to respond to God's leading in my life would cause pain to other people. It is a bit painful for me as well if I am honest about it. Strange how there is a balance and tension between opposing emotions even when it is something that God is clearly orchestrating. Wow, even as I write that, I see the irony in this as in all areas of life. In order to understand and appreciate one thing in life, the opposite must be lurking nearby... (Sounds very "Eastern"). But, it is no less true. Therein lies the bittersweet emotion of so much of my life of late. God is so very good to me and my family, but in the midst of all of that experience of goodness, I also sense a nearly all-consuming melancholy lurking just below the surface throughout most days. I have secured the prayer support of trusted friends and advisors and I am certain that the blessings of God will be sufficient in this new transition.

OK... enough philosopy... in other news. I talked to our realtor today. He called me to let me know that the whole house inspection on the new house is set for this coming Thursday morning at 11 am. I plan to be present for this as it will be helpful to know what the inspector finds if for no other reason than to plan and budget for potential repairs that may come down the road. My mortgage broker called me as well to let me know that all of our loan paperwork is in order and gave me the firm amount necessary for the down payment and other closing costs on the house on the 16th. Man, things are moving along!

Well, it is late... in fact it is already tomorrow... so bed is calling to me!

No comments: